Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Returning to India: Part 1

By
It all began about 15 years ago. I took my first flight from Chennai to Singapore, with butterflies in stomach. Singapore helped to shape my career and direction of life since then. Life has been pretty stable now in Singapore. But, my heart pulls me back to India. It’s been a tough decision to leave Singapore, but I am going to give it a try. I would like to return to India, return to Chennai.

Why should I return to India?
To be honest, I do not have an answer to this. As I said earlier, my heart goes back to India and I feel I am missing something here in Singapore. I may not get the same comfort over there in Chennai. I may not get the clean roads, green environment or an efficient government over there. But, still I want to go. Of course, I may come back to Singapore sometime later in my life.

The infrastructure growth in Chennai is one encouraging factor in my decision to return. Probably, I may be able to use my 15 years experience to good effect in Chennai. That could lead to personal career growth as well as the satisfaction of giving back something to my mother land.

Time permitting, I will try to blog my Return to India (R2I) experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment